Referred Pain – Referred Shoulder Pain Symptoms & Treatment
Conditions of the Shoulder
- Joint lubrication injection (Viscosupplementation)
- Knee arthroscopy
- Rotator cuff repair
- Shoulder arthroscopy
- Arthroscopic subacromial decompression
- Acromioclavicular joint resection
- Shoulder joint replacement
Referred Shoulder Pain
Referred pain means that a problem exists somewhere else in the body other than where you feel the pain. It causes unexplained pain in the shoulder that does not change or subside when you move your neck, shoulder, or arm or that occurs with symptoms elsewhere.
Causes of referred shoulder pain may include
- Brachial plexus injury
- Cervical disc bulge
- Cervical facet joint sprain
- Cervical postural syndrome
- Cervical spine degeneration (neck arthritis)
- Thoracic disc bulge
- Thoracic facet joint sprain
- Thoracic postural syndrome
- Costovertebral joint sprain
- Spinal degeneration (thoracic)
Regardless of patient type, prior to initiating treatment the orthopaedic surgeon does a thorough history and physical examination. Where indicated, additional information is obtained through X-ray images or MRI.
Our doctor provides consultation, treatment and surgery for sports injuries of the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee and ankle.
- Same-day admission
- Wheelchair accessible
- X-Ray, CT/MRI scan available
Find out more about using your Medisave, Medical and/or Accident Insurance for your treatments. We accept international insurance.