Conditions of the Elbow
Seek Immediate medical care
When you experience:
- Increased redness, swelling, or pain in your elbow and pain is not relieved by medication
- Unable to move your fingers or wrist.
- Beginning to lose feeling in your hand or fingers.
- Your fingers or hand become cold or blue.
Elbow Contusion / Bruise
An elbow contusion is a deep bruise of the elbow. Contusions are the result of an injury that causes bleeding under the skin. The contusion may turn blue, purple, or yellow. Minor injuries will give you a painless contusion, but more severe contusions may stay painful and swollen for a few weeks.
Common symptoms of elbow contusion
- Swelling and redness of the elbow.
- Bruising of the elbow area.
- Tenderness or soreness of the elbow.
- Ice the injured area
- Elevate the elbow
- Only take over-the-counter or prescription medicines for pain, discomfort, or fever as directed by your caregiver.