Ganglion Cyst – Wrist Pain Treatment & Surgery in Singapore
Conditions of the Hand and Wrist
Ganglion Cyst – Wrist Pain Treatment & Surgery
- Aspiration to drain the fluid from the cyst.
- Surgery to remove the cyst and the stalk that attaches it to the joint or tendon.
Ganglion cysts are benign lumps that most commonly develop along the tendons or joints of your wrists or hands. They also may occur in the ankles and feet. Ganglion cysts are typically round or oval and are filled with thick, sticky, clear, colorless a jelly-like fluid. Depending on the size, cysts may feel firm or spongy.
- Shape and size. Ganglion cysts are round or oval and usually measure less than an inch in diameter. Some are so small that they can’t be felt. The size of a cyst can fluctuate, often getting larger when you use that joint for repetitive motions.
- Ganglion cysts usually are painless. However, if a cyst presses on a nerve — even if the cyst is too small to form a noticeable lump — it can cause pain, tingling, numbness or muscle weakness.
It is advised to seek proper treatment from Dr Siow if you suspect you have a Ganglion cyst.
Our doctor provide consultation, treatment and surgery for sports injuries of the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee and ankle.
- Same-day admission
- Wheelchair accessible
- X-Ray, CT/MRI scan available
Find out more about using your Medisave, Medical and/or Accident Insurance for your treatments. We accept international insurance.